Thursday 8 May 2008

Whew!

It ain't half hot, Mum.  Imogen and I are both very warm indeed.  Which is making feeding a little bit of a challenge.  I'm hoping the current heatwave calms down a little soon.  The only bright side about Uncle Henry's funeral on Tuesday is that at least it's happening in Margate, where temperatures are a full 6 degrees Celsius cooler than here.  Which should make us both a lot more comfortable and ensure that she's less likely to grouse during the service.

Naturally, given the clement weather, I'm still knitting woolly hats.  Because this is the sane thing to do when you just want to lie in a bathtub full of ice, drinking homemade lemonade.  Clearly.  Anyhow, the Noro hat from this pattern (knit on straights instead of in the round) is now finished as you can see:



And I've finally got round to finishing off Alexia's jacket, which I'm currently sewing up. I've decided that, instead of putting in a zip (which looks tricky and, besides, the ones which have arrived from eBay look to be slightly too long), I'm just going to mattress stitch the two sides together. Then she can just pull it over her head and have a hoodie instead. That way it should be finished by the time that Nat and everybody arrive on Sunday and I can cast on something else guilt free. Plan and a half, I feel.

No comments: