Thursday 15 May 2008

Boo hiss!

I appear to have caught my Uncle Alec's cold.  My nose is all bunged up, such that I can't breathe properly at all and my throat hurts.  Unfortunately, I think Immy has it as well.  The only mercy is that, since I'm breastfeeding her, she ought to be able to fight it off as swiftly as me.  

I didn't feel much like knitting, therefore, although I kept wanting to.  Then some patterns on Ravelry caught my eye and gave me a case of startitis.  So I cast on for these.  Unfortunately the pattern gives no tension, yarn quantity or finished size, so I'm just going to see how big they turn out.  I can only presume that when it says to rib for 6 inches, it means from that point rather than from the beginning, since it doesn't specify.  I'm hoping it works, anyway, since it will make a nice present for a couple of somebodies. (I'm not going to mention which particular pair since, if by some miracle they happen to be reading this, it will give the game away).

Tomorrow I'm going to try and get on with that poncho.  Particularly since rain is again forecast which will keep it cool enough to do so comfortably.  My third skein of yarn needs winding into a ball, so I will probably do that first.  But hopefully there will be enough time to get onto the front of it.  I'm really hoping I can get it done in time and up to standard.  Unlike most people, I'm praying for a cool summer, so that I can keep going with my knitting and try and improve.

No comments: