Friday 2 May 2008

Oh dear

Apparently the Tories have done very well in local elections and Boris Johnson is ahead in the London Mayoral election.  I can't think of a worse thing to happen to London politically than for him to be in charge.  Public transport will rapidly deteriorate and services will also be affected.  The man's a right wing idiot and I'm utterly disgusted by the prospective result.  My only consolation is that the Lib Dems appear to have done slightly better than Labour, but my worry is that this presages badly for the future and that the Conservatives might actually get in at the next election. Then the country really will go to pot.  I feel sick, frankly.  What a week of bad news: first my Uncle, then Humphrey Lyttelton, now this.  Appalling.

My only consolation is that at least Imogen's Baby Yoda Sweater is coming along nicely.  I've finished the second sleeve and got through 2 1/2 i-cords.  I just need to do the remaining i-cords and make up.  And I've managed that despite the fact that Immy appears to have been having a frequent feeding (possible growth spurt) day today.  Phew!

No comments: