Sunday 18 May 2008

Friends, food and fun

Had a lovely day yesterday with Kev, Claire & Tilly.  We ate a very late (3pm!) lunch at Nandos followed by going back to theirs just to chill and chat.  It is nice to spend time in such relaxed company.

Speaking of Tilly, I'm now nearly half way through her poncho.  I shall be taking it over to Claire's tomorrow so that she can see the colourway.  I'm hoping that she'll like it, given that it's a mixture of sea greens and blues which, to my mind, ought to suit Tilly very well.  I decided that the pattern (the Lion Brand Hooded Baby Poncho) had too small a neck.  This may well have been because my row tension was off, but I worked in a few extra rows to compensate.  I will just have to adjust the back accordingly.  Mercifully I have a lot of that yarn, so I'm hoping that it will last.  Once I've worked the hood I will then try and decide whether I want the pocket or not.  I'm not entirely sold on the idea that two year olds particularly need pockets.  Apart from for the odd tissue, I suppose. Anyhow, I'm hoping that I'll have it completed by the end of the week.  That would mean I was a week early and could get on with some other projects.  Which will be useful given that since I've joined Ravelry I've seen project after project that I fancy doing.  And I kind of have a yearning to make yet another hat.  So that will be my reward if I manage to finish this poncho to any degree of competence.  Fingers crossed!

No comments: