Wednesday 14 May 2008

Uncle Henry

Yesterday was my Uncle's funeral.  The day dawned clear and bright and we had a swift and pleasant journey to Margate.  The service was held at Thanet crematorium at 2.40 pm.  I had wondered why I was in such fine spirits for most of the morning, but it turned out that the grief hit us all when we were actually in the service.  I could scarcely sing for sobbing.  There were very few of us there - just family and a couple of staff from the care home.  It was a lovely service and the vicar was lovely.  She stopped to talk to us afterwards and enquired about our respective babies.  Poor Keziah found it all a little overwhelming.  I don't think she fully understands, poor thing.  She just knows that she misses him.  As we all do - terribly.  RIP Uncle, we love you with all of our hearts.  

No comments: