Wednesday 4 April 2007

Bits 'n' Pieces

So, yesterday I made this for dinner:


It's beef noodle soup (from One Pot Cooking by Sarah Edmonds) and it was in a bid to soothe my throat. And that plan worked in that, if you scald your throat then you don't really notice any other pain. This stuff gets very hot if you boil it. (10 out of 10 for observation, Allie, very clever). Yes, I know that's obvious and a child of three knows more than me, but I was so eager to eat it that I didn't do what I should have and either waited for it to cool a little or blow on it. Ah well, it was very nice. And there was enough for my tea and today's dinner, so I don't think that's too bad.


In other news, this lovely stuff arrived this morning:

Isn't it beautiful? I have no idea what I will make with it, but it feels lovely and soft and I can't believe how much nicer it looks in real life than it did in the eBay photo.


I also promised you a photo of Keziah's waistcoat in progress didn't I? Well, here it is:

I'm using the Sundown Stripes pattern from here:
And I'm desperately hoping that I don't run out of yarn. The pattern assures me that I can get away with using only two balls of Noro, but I'm not entirely convinced. Unfortunately I only have two balls and I can't find any more of the same dye lot on eBay. Now, it may be that if I can at least get it all done bar the frill that I might be able to get away with buying a different dyelot or even a complimentary plain yarn, but I'm panicking. Seriously panicking. Cross your fingers for me!
Tickets to Cambridge are now booked, so hopefully there should be some pretty photos for you tomorrow evening.

No comments: